- Sean Ross Sapp
- JAN 11, 2017
- 8:00AM EDT
- We get the usual cutesy stuff out of Ambrose.
- Miz comes out and threatens legal action, good heel stuff here.
- Both men enter the Royal Rumble, which is pretty stacked early on.
- Miz attacks Dean Ambrose. Nothing great, but solid.
Nikki and Natalya
- These two were best friends? Eh? Why? No they weren't.
- They beat the crap out of each other, a pretty good brawl.
- Natalya stands tall for once! Great!
Dolph Ziggler speaks, loses to Kalisto
- Dasha Fuentes messed up again. Jeez. What is it they like about her? There are plenty of qualified people who can do that job.
- Ziggler doesn't speak. I'm intrigued.
- Ziggler has changed up his in-ring style. Long overdue.
- He had some nice scummy offense, but Kalisto surprises him with a pin.
- Dolph attacks Kalisto, and then Crews, who tries to make the save.
Smackdown Tag Team Championships
American Alpha (c) defeated Wyatt Family (w/ Luke Harper)
- American Alpha did a backstage promo. It wasn't bad.
- WWE used a weird entrance angle that shows how much smaller their arenas are these days.
- God, Otunga is terrible on color commentary.
- Gable and Wyatt work really well together. I guess it's been a while since I've seen someone have that type of chemistry with Bray Wyatt.
- This was just an interesting, good match overall. It teased dissension between the Wyatt Family.
- JBL called Orton one of the great "closers" in WWE history. I like that tagline.
- American Alpha capitalize on Orton/Wyatt miscommunication and win.
- Harper accidentally kicks Wyatt, who sells it like a million bucks.
Big Match Booked
- Becky and Alexa next week in a steel cage for the title.
- Yeah, they forced another Golden Globes reference. Ugh
Carmella (w/ James Ellsworth) beat Thunderkitty
- Ellsworth helped Carmella win. This is good stuff.
- Thunderkitty was terrible in this match. From executing moves, to rolling out of the ring, to taking moves.
- Someone should tell her the point of a kickout is to get your shoulders up.
- Carmella submits her and I'm willing to bet she won't get more extra work there for a while.
- If you wondered why WWE laid off of enhancement talents for a while, when you see someone who has been around that long and sucks that bad, that's why.
- Ellsworth is going on a shopping spree. He says he hasn't bought a new suit since the time he was supposed to graduate high school.
Baron Corbin vs. John Cena
- Corbin cut a pretty good promo before the match. He had a lot more authority.
- Corbin dominated this match. It's a different style than we've seen lately, because Cena is composed much differently.
- Cena with a nice tornado DDT!
- AJ Styles calls out Mauro Ranallo for incorrectly calling a sidewalk slam a Deep Six. He did it in a way that didn't bury Ranallo.
- Cena. AA. Pin. Well. Okay.