Anthony Joshua Signs Deal To Remain At Matchroom Boxing

Big announcements keep on rolling for Anthony Joshua and Matchroom Boxing.

It was announced that Joshua has signed a three-year deal to continue fighting for Hearn's Matchroom Boxing and have his fights be broadcast on Sky Sports Box Office in the United Kingdom. In a press release, Joshua said he's happy with the progress he's made in his career with Matchroom Boxing but said the journey is not yet over.

"When I decided to become a professional boxer I felt the boxing market was stagnating and in need of new energy.

We have created history together and we are dedicated to keeping the UK scene in high demand for all boxers and boxing fans, but for me personally, the journey is nowhere near finished yet."

After winning an Olympic Gold medal in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Joshua signed with Matchroom Boxing, catapulting him into a star pro prospect almost immediately.

Joshua made a fast ascent to title contention and became the IBF heavyweight champion in 2016. He followed it up with a WBA win over Wladimir Klitschko in 2017, a fight that broke the all-time attendance record for a boxing fight in the United Kingdom. Earlier this year, Joshua defeated Joseph Parker to unify the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles.

Joshua's next fight will see him fight Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium on September 22. That fight will be streamed in the United States on the new DAZN platform, scheduled to release in the U.S. later this year. Joshua is also currently booked to fight at Wembley Stadium next April with the idea that the venue would be expanded to accommodate at least 100,000 fans, once again breaking the all-time British attendance record.

From The Web