- HBO Boxing broadcaster Max Kellerman has a new gig in ESPN. He will replace polarizing sports journalist Skip Bayless as a cohost of the company’s First Take talk show. Aside from his HBO responsibilities, Kellerman had been working as a radio and television show host at ESPN’s Los Angeles headquarters before the announcement.
- Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez will be going for his fourth world title in four different weight classes. K2 Promotions announced the current flyweight champion will move to junior bantamweight and challenge Carlos Cuadras for the 115 lbs. title on Sept. 10 on HBO. It will be a split-site telecast to go along with the Gennady Golovkin vs. Kell Brook fight.
- After it was reported that Adrien Broner would not be Manny Pacquiao’s return opponent in the fall because of high demand in money, Michael Koncz still believes that the fight can still happen. “They probably will work it out, because nobody is going to watch Manny against Amir Khan. Khan is a bum,” Stafford told me. “He’s been knocked out too many times without knocking nobody else out and he’s a boring fighter. I know Khan is trying to cash out. He’s not worth watching! He doesn’t have a punch!” You can check out his full comments at this link.
- Former world champion Paulie Malignaggi had some harsh words for Manny Pacquiao. In a video with Fight Hub TV, Malignaggi was asked about the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao debate and said that Pacquiao is a “stone cold cheater.” You can watch the two minute video at this link.
- It was announced earlier today that Hosea Burton will defend his British light-heavyweight title against Frank Buglioni on the undercard of Anthony Crolla’s lightweight title fight against Jorge Linares on Sept. 24 at Manchester Arena.
By Carlos Toro
- From The Web