Your fight-size boxing update:
- Interim WBO featherweight champion Carl Frampton has now signed a managerial contract with MTK Global after a period where MTK has advised Frampton. Frampton is set to fight Luke Jackson on August 18 in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- The critically acclaimed 24/7 documentary series on HBO will release its next series on August 28. The upcoming 24/7 is focusing on the September 15 fight between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin.
- Jamie McDonnell made a surprise appearance on Naoya Inoue’s Instagram Live stream. Inoue knocked out McDonnell in the first round of their fight earlier this summer to win the WBA “regular” bantamweight title and enter the World Boxing Super Series. Courtesy of Michael Benson, below is the video of McDonnell joining Inoue's stream.
- There will be a press conference in Chicago on August 8 to announce the fights for the October 6 Matchroom Boxing card that will be streamed on DAZN. Artur Beterbiev, Katie Taylor and Jessie Vargas have all been previously announced to fight on the event.
- Former IBF junior welterweight champion Sergey Lipinets, who fought on the August 4 PBC on FOX card in New York, took to Twitter to challenge anyone at 140 or 147 pounds to fight him.
- Former WBA “regular” super middleweight champion Tyron Zeuge has parted ways with Team Sauerland, the company that has promoted him for years. Zeuge is now a free agent and can sign with any promotional company.
- From The Web