Your fight-size wrestling update for June 12!
- Golden Boy Promotions recently announced that welterweights Sadam Ali and Johan Perez are going to be headlining a 10-round Golden Boy boxing on ESPN card on July 29. The fight will be televised on both ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes on midnight on a same-day tape delay. Brazilian middleweight Patrick Teixeira will be fighting on the co-feature against an opponent to be determined.
- Two-time Olympic gold medalist Claressa Shields, who is 2-0 after turning pro late last year, has recently signed with Salita Promotions.
- Evander Holyfield has been formally inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
- According to ESPN's Dan Rafael is reporting that former middleweight world champion Daniel Jacobs' next fight could come on the undercard of the Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez undercard. There is no opponent for Jacobs at this moment if he ends up fighting on the September 16 undercard.
- Light middleweight Julian Williams will make his return to the ring later this month in his first fight since losing to Jermall Charlo in a world title fight last year. Williams will fight Joshua Conley as the co-feature of the Robert Easter Jr. vs. Denis Shafikov PBC card on Bounce TV on June 30.
View the discussion thread.