Here's your fight-size boxing update for September 11, 2019:
- A documentary on Tyson Fury's fight against Tom Schwarz from June, titled "HEAVY: Fury vs. Schwarz," will air on ESPN on September 12 at 10 p.m. ET. The documentary will feature behind-the-scenes footage of Fury and Tom Schwarz ahead of their fight. In the video at the top of the page is a trailer for the documentary.
- The annual Matchroom Boxing show in Monaco will take place at Casino de Monte-Carlo on November 30 with fights to be announced in the coming weeks. The 2018 show had Kal Yafai, Denis Lebedev, Michael Hunter, Meng Fanlong, Daniyar Yeleussinov and Frank Buglioni’s final fight.
- In an interview with SecondsOut, WBC flyweight champion Charlie Edwards said he will not vacate his title and move up in weight instead of facing Julio Cesar Martinez in a rematch after the two had their controversial fight back on August 31.
- Former WBA “Regular” super middleweight titlist Rocky Fielding will have his first fight of 2019 on an MTK Global card November 15 at Liverpool’s Olympia. Fielding was supposed to fight in July, but suffered a toe injury weeks before the event. The card will be streamed on ESPN+.
- Here are the pre-fight weight checks for the upcoming interim WBC lightweight title bout between Devin Haney and Zaur Abdullaev taking place at Madison Square Garden on September 13:
30 days before the fight:
- Devin Haney: 146.8 lbs
- Zaur Abdullaev: 148 lbs
14 days before the fight:
- Devin Haney: 140 lbs
- Zaur Abdullaev: 140.6 lbs
7 days before the fight:
- Devin Haney: 138 lbs
- Zaur Abdullaev: 138.2 lbs
- Ryota Murata was presented with a custom belt in recognition for his WBA "Regular" middleweight title win against Rob Brant in Tokyo back in July.
- Ishe Smith will take on Estevan Payan in Smith's bare knuckle boxing debut on the inaugural Valor Bare Knuckle show on September 21 in New Town, North Dakota.
- From The Web