Here's your fight-size boxing update for September 2, 2019:
- VADA announced that Andy Ruiz Jr., Anthony Joshua, Derek Chisora and Joseph Parker have all been enrolled in drug testing for their respective fights in the coming months.
— Vada-Testing.org (@Vada_Testing) August 31, 2019
— Vada-Testing.org (@Vada_Testing) September 1, 2019
- Joe Noynay will defend his WBO Asia Pacific super featherweight title against Kenichi Ogawa at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo. Noynay last fought on the Rob Brant vs. Ryota Murata 2 ESPN+ card in Osaka back in July.
- Former WBO lightweight champion Terry Flanagan will return to the ring on an upcoming MTK Global card at Ulster Hall in Belfast, Northern Ireland on October 11. The fight will be streamed on ESPN+.
- WBA junior welterweight champion Regis Prograis champion had some choice words for Josh Taylor's fans ahead of their World Boxing Super Series finals in October.
- Murodjon Akhmadaliev recently passed a drug test administered by VADA ahead of his fight against Daniel Roman for the unified WBA and IBF super bantamweight titles on September 13 at Madison Square Garden.
- Alexander Povetkin wants to fight Tyson Fury after Povetkin beat Hughie Fury, Tyson's cousin, on August 31 at The O2 Arena.
- Tommy Frank will fight Aran Dipaen for the vacant WBC International Silver super flyweight title on September 20 at Ponds Forge Arena in Sheffield, England.
- From The Web