Andres Gutierrez has missed out on a Top Rank main event due to some horrible weight management.
Gutierrez was supposed to face Oscar Valdez in the main event of the November 30 Top Rank on ESPN+ card from Las Vegas, but that fight is no longer happening. At the day of the weigh-ins, Valdez came in ready for their WBC super featherweight title eliminator, stepping into the scales at just under the 130-pound limit.
Meanwhile, Gutierrez arrived 11 pounds over the 130-pound limit, quite literally a welterweight. Needless to say, the fight is no longer happening and Valdez will now face Adam Lopez, who came in at 126 pounds. The rest of the card did not have the same weight issues with Carl Frampton having no problem making weight and Carlos Adames and Patrick Teixeira arriving at just under 154 pounds for their interim WBO junior middleweight title bout.
Here are the official weights for the November 30 Top Rank on ESPN+ card from Las Vegas:
-WBC Super Featherweight Title Eliminator*: Oscar Valdez (129.8 lbs) vs. Adam Lopez (126 lbs)
* Lopez stepped in to face Valdez after original opponent Andres Gutierrez missed weight by 11 pounds
- Super Featherweight Bout: Carl Frampton (128 lbs) vs. Tyler McCreary (127.5 lbs)
- Interim WBO Junior Middleweight Title Bout: Carlos Adames (153.5 lbs) vs. Patrick Teixeira (153.25 lbs)
- Junior NABF Junior Welterweight Title Bout: Arnold Barboza Jr. (140 lbs) vs. William Silva (139.5 lbs)
- Heavyweight Bout: Guido Vianello (237 lbs) vs. Colby Madison (239 lbs)
- Junior Welterweight Bout: Andy Hiraoka (140 lbs) vs. Rogelio Casarez (139.5 lbs)
- Welterweight Bout: Brian Mendoza (146.2 lbs) vs. Larry Gomez (146 lbs)
- Welterweight Bout: Xander Zayas (146.6 lbs) vs. Virgel Windfield (148 lbs)
- Heavyweight Bout: Jared Anderson (237 lbs) vs. Stephen Kirnon (214 lbs)
- From The Web