A heavyweight boxer with the last name Fury will have a chance to win a world title -- Tyson's cousin Hughie
Tyson's first cousin Hughie will compete for the WBO Heavyweight title, currently held by Joseph Parker. The WBO recently announced that a purse bid for the fight has been ordered and will take place February 1 at the sanctioning organization's offices in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The minimum bid will be $1 million and there is still a chance the terms of the fight can be agreed upon before February 1. Otherwise, the promoter with the highest winning bid will control all aspects of the fight, including date and location. If it comes to a purse bid, Parker, the champion would receive 60% of the purse while Hughie will receive the remaining 40%.
Parker won a majority decision against Andy Ruiz Jr. on December 10 in Auckland, New Zealand, to claim one of the titles vacated by Tyson Fury over his number of personal issues. Tyson shocked the boxing world by defeating former unified champion Wladimir Klitschko late in 2015. A rematch had been scheduled twice in 2016, but injuries and Tyson's drug and alleged mental issues forced the bout to be canceled. Neither boxer fought in the entirety of 2016.
Hughie defeated Fred Kassi in his last fight to win the vacant WBO Intercontinental Heavyweight title last April via seventh-round unanimous technical decision after Hughie suffered a cut and could not continue. Hughie has won all 20 fights as a professional boxer.
- From The Web