Jordan Gill's impressive run has come to an end after a major upset loss at the hands of Enrique Tinoco.
Tinoco, who struggled mightily on the scales and missed weight the day before his fight against Gill, dropped Gill multiple times before stopping him after eight rounds. Tinoco picked up his second straight win, his first win streak since winning four consecutive bouts from 2014 to 2015. As for Gill, his momentum was entirely halted with the loss as he now suffered his first pro loss.
The rest of the card, most of which was streamed on DAZN, also saw Leigh Wood retain his Commonwealth featherweight title with a 10th round knockout victory over Ryan Doyle in the main event. Wood has now won his last 11 fights since losing to former world title challenger Gavin McDonnell.
Below are quick results of the entire card taking place from the Nottingham Arena in Nottingham, England:
- Leigh Wood defeated Ryan Doyle by KO, round 10, 1:34 to retain the Commonwealth (British Empire) featherweight title
- Enrique Tinoco defeated Jordan Gill by RTD, round 8, 3:00
- Terri Harper defeated Claudia Andrea Lopez by TKO, round 6, 1:58 to retain the WBC International Female lightweight title
- Fabio Wardley defeated Dennis Lewandowski by TKO, round 3
- Atif Shafiq defeated Arturo Lopez by points (60-55)
- Chris Billam-Smith defeated Yassine Habachi by RTD, round 3, 3:00
- Stephen Smith defeated Des Newton by points (60-54)
- Dalton Smith defeated Luka Leskovic by points (40-36)
- Raymond For defeated Aleksandrs Birkenbergs by points (40-36)
- Charles Frankham defeated Tzemal Xouseinoglou by points (40-37)
- Brad Daws defeated Zigurds Krauklis by KO, round 1, 0:35
- From The Web