Miguel Berchelt's run as the WBC super featherweight champion continues with yet another impressive performance on ESPN.
In the main event of a Top Rank on ESPN card from Carson, California, Berchelt dominated and bullied Jason Sosa before ultimately stopping him in the fourth round. This was Berchelt's sixth successful world title defense since winning the title in 2017.
Berchelt's sheer power and aggression became a problem for Sosa early and resulted in an early knockdown in the second round. Afterwards, Berchelt continued landing big right hands and left hooks as Sosa struggled mightily to stay up. Once Berchelt dropped Sosa down a second time in the fourth round, Sosa's corner threw in the towel, putting a stop to the contest.
There was going to be another world title fight on the card, one between IBF super flyweight titleholder Jerwin Ancajas and Jonathan Rodriguez, but it got called off due to the latter having visa issues. As such, a junior welterweight matchup between Javier Molina and Hiroki Okada was moved from the ESPN+ undercard to the ESPN main card.
Molina wasted no time in taking out Okada, stopping him a little more than a minute into the round. Molina has now won four straight fights since a loss to Jamal James back in 2016 and picked up his first victory inside the distance since 2015.
Below are the full results for the November 2 Top Rank card from the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California:
- Miguel Berchelt defeated Jason Sosa by KO, round 4, 2:56 to retain the WBC super featherweight title
- Javier Molina defeated Hiroki Okada by KO, round 1, 1:05
- Alex Saucedo defeated Rod Salka by KO, round 1, 2:17
- Gor Yeritsyan defeated Shoki Sakai by unanimous decision (80-72, 79-73, 77-75)
- Daniel Lewis defeated Alexis Gaytan by unanimous decision (80-72, 80-72, 79-73)
- Raymond Muratalla defeated Arnulfo Becerra by KO, round 5, 0:51
- Abram Martinez defeated Jose Rodriguez by KO, round 3, 0:25
- Elvis Rodriguez defeated Luis Norambuena by KO, round 4, 0:45
- From The Web