Lee McGregor gets another stoppage victory in a main event bout that was streamed on ESPN+.
McGregor retained his Commonwealth bantamweight title with an eighth-round stoppage win over Scott Allan. McGregor scored a knockdown in the eighth round and later hurt Allan, which had referee Victor Loughlin step in and stop the action. This was McGregor's first title defense since winning the belt back October 2018 when he knocked out Thomas Essomba.
Also on the card was Kieran Smith retaining his WBC International Silver 154-pound title against Ivan Montero. Although the fight went to the scorecards and all 10 rounds were scored, the fight was actually a technical decision as an accidental clash of heads caused a cut too deep on Montero for the fight to continue. Like with McGregor, this was Smith's first title defense since winning the belt last year.
Below are the full results of the June 21 MTK Global on ESPN+ card from Emirates Arena in Glasgow, Scotland:
- Lee McGregor defeated Scott Allan by TKO, round 8, 1:45 to retain the Commonwealth (British Empire) Bantamweight Title
- Kieran Smith defeated Ivan Montero by unanimous technical decision (99-91, 99-90, 99-90) to retain the WBC International Silver Junior Middleweight Title
- Lewis Benson defeated Renald Garrido by points (77-75)
- Reece McFadden defeated Joel Sanchez by points 60-54
- Craig MacIntyre defeated Chris Adaway by TKO, round 3, 2:58
- Jack Turner defeated Misael Zeledon by points (40-36)
- Craig Morgan defeated Elvis Guillen by points (40-34)
- From The Web