On September 20, ShoBox and Mayweather Promotions held shows in Midland, Texas and Las Vegas, respectively.
Over on the ShoBox: The New Generation card, Thomas Mattice pulled off an upset win over previously unbeaten Michael Dutchover in the main event after the fight was stopped in the eighth round. Dutchover suffered a cut that came from a punch and it got worse as the fight progressed, resulting in the bout being stopped to prevent the cut from getting worse.
In Las Vegas, Thompson managed to score his own TKO victory over veteran Scott Sigmon to pick up his 21st victory in the paid ranks.
Below are full results for both shows.
ShoBox: The New Generation results (9/20) from La Hacienda Event Center in Midland, Texas:
- Thomas Mattice defeated Michael Dutchover by TKO, round 8 to win the WBO Intercontinental lightweight title
- Ruben Villa defeated Enrique Vivas by unanimous decision (100-89, 100-89, 100-89) to retain the WBO International featherweight title
- Brandun Lee defeated Milton Arauz by KO, round 2
- Vito Mielnicki Jr. defeated Caleb Bailey by KO, round 1 (non-televised bout)
Mayweather Promotions results (9/20) from The Club at Cannery Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- Lionell Thompson defeated Scott Sigmon by TKO, round 7
- Gabriel Duluc defeated Cameron Krael by majority decision (95-95, 96-94, 97-93)
- Malik Hawkins defeated Al Rivera by KO, round 1
- Maurice Lee defeated Dakota Linger by majority decision (76-76, 77-75, 78-74)
- Sanjarbek Rakhmanov defeated Andre Byrd by KO, round 4
- Rock Myrthill defeated Jonathan Steele by unanimous decision (77-75, 78-74, 79-73)
- Lanell Bellows defeated Mike Snider by TKO, round 6
- Fernando De Anda defeated Javon Campbell by majority decision (38-38, 39-37, 39-37)
- Mekhurobon Sanginov and Fred Wilson Jr. fought to a majority draw (58-56, 57-57, 57-57)
- From The Web