Here's your fight-size boxing update for January 10, 2020:
- Felix Verdejo and Christopher Diaz will make their respective returns to the ring in separate fights on the January 18 Top Rank card from Verona, New York. Both Puerto Rican fighters last fought on April 20 as part of the Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan pay-per-view event.
- PBC announced that Errol Spence Jr. vs. Shawn Porter for the unified IBF and WBC welterweight titles from this past September was named PBC's Fight of the Year for 2019.
- Ruben Villa will face Alexei Collado in the main event of the January 31 ShoBox: The New Generation card from Hirsch Memorial Coliseum in Shreveport, Louisiana. The co-main event fight is Taras Shelestyuk vs. Alejandro Davila and Jerry Perez vs. Zhora Hamazaryan will be the opening bout.
- Jesse Hart and Joe Smith Jr. had an intense faceoff ahead of their fight on January 11.
- The British Boxing Board of Control has ordered a purse bid of Joe Cordina vs. James Tennyson for the British featherweight title. The purse bid is scheduled to take place on February 12 and the fight must take place by the end of May.
- Craig Richards vs. Shakan Pitters for the vacant British light heavyweight title will take place on March 28 at Villa Park in Birmingham, England.
- From The Web