It's been a busy weekend for boxing fans as there were seven world title fights take place across multiple boxing cards all over the world, from the United States to Germany and even Malaysia.
In Malaysia, Manny Pacquiao returned to the ring for the first time in more than a year to win the WBA "regular" welterweight title with a vintage performance against Lucas Matthysse. On the undercard, one world champion, Carlos Canizales, retained his title, while two other world champions were crowned on that card as well.
In Germany, Rocky Fielding scored an upset victory over Tyron Zeuge to win the WBA "regular" super middleweight title and Vic Saludar won the WBO minimumweight title in the main event of Japan.
Here are quick results of all the major boxing events from this past weekend.
July 15: Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (ESPN+)
- Manny Pacquiao defeated Lucas Matthysse to win the WBA "Regular" Welterweight Title by TKO, round 7
- Jhack Tepora defeated Edivaldo Ortega to win the interim WBA Featherweight Title by TKO, round 9
- Moruti Mthalane defeated Muhammad Waseem to win the vacant IBF Flyweight Title by unanimous decision
- Carlos Canizales defeated Bin Lu to retain the WBA "Regular" Light Flyweight Title by TKO, round 12
July 14: Baden-Arena, Offenburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Rocky Fielding defeated Tyron Zeuge to win the WBA "Regular" Super Middleweight Title by TKO, round 5
July 14: Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA (ESPN)
- Regis Prograis defeated Juan Jose Velasco to retain the interim WBC Junior Welterweight Title by TKO, round 8
- Teofimo Lopez defeated William Silva to win the vacant WBC Continental Americas Lightweight Title by TKO, round 6
July 13: Central Gym, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
- Vic Saludar defeated Ryuya Yamanaka to win the WBO Minimumweight Title by unanimous decision
- From The Web