Jimmy Jacobs No Longer Working For WWE Following Bullet Club Invasion Photo, Releases Shirt

Jimmy Jacobs is no longer working for WWE following an incident involving the Bullet Club.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Jacobs left the company last week, but could not confirm if he was released or left on his own accord. Their sources indicate that Jacobs left following a picture he posted on Instagram showing him, The Young Bucks, Marty Scurll and Hangman Page as they were filming their "Bullet Club Invasion" episode of their Being The Elite show on YouTube. It was said that there was major heat on Jacobs after the photo was posted.

WWE was said to be very angry following the Bullet Club Invasion stunt, which was very similar to an angle WWE shot years ago involving D-Generation X 'invading' WCW during the Monday Night Wars in 1998. In the episode, the Bullet Club visited the arena where WWE Raw was taking place in Ontario, California. They paid homage to the DX skit, and even had someone who was in line for the show admit that they didn't pay for their ticket.

Shortly after the incident, they sent the Young Bucks a cease and desist letter saying they could no longer use the "too sweet" hand gesture. In turn, the Bucks have stopped using the gesture, and have also sold their "too sweet" gear, donating the proceeds to charity.

Jacobs was a long time independent wrestler who is best remembered for having a run in Ring of Honor lasting over twelve years. He left the promotion in 2015 and joined WWE shortly thereafter in a creative role as a writer. 

The former writer has taken this a step further and released a t-shirt with the photo as well.

Around The Web