The entertainer is now attempting to recruit fighters to the promotion, as Cent took to Instagram and Twitter to offer UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov $2 million to jump ship to Bellator MMA.
I️ think it’s wrong what the UFC is doing to Khabib, they didn’t do the same thing to McGregor. I’ll pay 2 million cash tonight if he will fight for me at Bellator. pic.twitter.com/K7QYxR4IHI— 50cent (@50cent) October 13, 2018
Nurmagomedov is unlikely to compete anywhere for the time being, as the champion is awaiting punishment from the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) for starting a brawl at UFC 229.
Bellator MMA President Scott Coker quickly put a halt on those plans by 50 Cent, saying that the UFC champion has a lot of stuff to sort out for the moment.
“He called me yesterday and he said, ‘Hey, what’s going on with this?’" Coker said at the Bellator 208 post-fight press conference. “I said, ‘Well, the commission’s involved. There’s a lot of steps to that whole situation.’ I’d like to just – I told him, ‘Hey, let’s just stay clear of it because that has nothing to do with Bellator, it has to do with the commission and the fighter and the league.’ So that’s their business.”
There has been no response from Nurmagomedov on the offer made by 50 Cent, as the champion also allegedly got an offer from the WWE in the last week.