Adam Kownacki's first main event fight in Brooklyn resulted in FOX drawing the highest viewership for a PBC card in months.
Per Showbuzz Daily, the August 3 PBC on FOX card headlined by Kownacki's heavyweight fight against former title challenger Chris Arreola averaged 1.301 million viewers and drew a 0.81 household rating. Those numbers are the highest viewership and ratings for a boxing card televised in the United States since the May 11 PBC on FOX card when Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams averaged 1.385 million viewers and a 0.89 rating.
Below is the viewership and ratings breakdown for every PBC on FOX card for 2019:
- Keith Thurman vs. Josesito Lopez (January 26): 1,980,000 (1.27 rating)
- Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera (February 16): 1,376,000 (0.90 rating)
- Shawn Porter vs. Yordenis Ugas (March 9): 1,628,000 (1.06 rating)
- Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados (April 20): 1,082,000 (0.71 rating)
- Jarrett Hurd vs. Julian Williams (May 11): 1,385,000 (0.89 rating)
- Jermall Charlo vs. Jorge Cota Prelims (June 23): 836,000
- Jermall Charlo vs. Jorge Cota (June 23): 1,211,000 (0.78 rating)
- Caleb Plant vs. Mike Lee (July 20): 923,000 (0.62 rating)
- Adam Kownacki vs. Chris Arreola (August 3): 1,301,000 (0.81 rating)
- Average (9 Events): 1,296,444
Kownacki and Arreola threw and landed the most punches in a heavyweight fight ever since Compubox was made. Kownacki won the fight by unanimous decision, improving his pro record to 20-0 and moving one step closer to getting a shot at a world heavyweight title.
Also on the card was Jean Pascal beating Marcus Browne by technical decision to become the new interim WBA light heavyweight title and Wale Omotoso stopping Curtis Stevens in the third round.