Here's your fight-size boxing update for July 2, 2020:
- Andrew Moloney said there will be a rematch against WBA “Regular” super flyweight titleholder Joshua Franco as he is exercising his rematch clause. Franco defeated Moloney to win the title back in June.
- With WBO super middleweight titleholder Billy Joe Saunders recently saying that he is withdrawing from a fight against Canelo Alvarez, former interim WBA super middleweight titleholder John Ryder posted on social media that he is more than willing to step in and fight Alvarez.
I’m good for September if you need some1 in the opposite corner @Canelo— john ryder (@_John_Ryder_) July 2, 2020
- Golden Boy Promotions was present in the WBA Convention and said that Ronny Rios, who holds the Gold super bantamweight title, wants to fight against “Regular” titleholder Brandon Figueroa, saying the fight is possible because both fighters are in the United States. Murodjon Akhmadaliev, who is the IBF champion at super bantamweight, is also the WBA “Super” champion.
- A programming note for tonight's Top Rank on ESPN card: the Carlos Jackson vs. Jose Enrique Vivas fight is not scheduled to air on television, but will be recorded. Depending on time constraints, the fight could potentially air on the broadcast still. Tonight's card will be headlined by Jose Pedraza vs. Mikkel LesPierre.
- Former middleweight champion Sergio Martinez has been announced for the eSports Boxing Club video game still in development.
- WBO Latino and WBA Fedebol flyweight titleholder Andres Campos has joined the top 15 in the WBO rankings, coming in at No. 12. I did an interview with Campos earlier this year which can be seen in the video below.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.