Here's your fight-size boxing update for January 2, 2020:
- For those that can watch the video at the top of the page and the tweets below, unified WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua takes a look at WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder's last two knockout wins from 2019.
--I GOTTA TAKE HIM OUT!--— Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) January 2, 2020
--We sat down with @anthonyfjoshua to watch the last two @BronzeBomber knockouts and get his verdict...--------
--Full video here: https://t.co/fHVXs5K20g pic.twitter.com/u7Q5e48qi8
--AJ REACTS TO WILDER KO'S!--— Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) January 1, 2020
--We sat down with @anthonyfjoshua to watch the last two @BronzeBomber knockouts and get his verdict --------
--Full video here: https://t.co/fHVXs5sr8I pic.twitter.com/Vugqt1sslX
- As announced on Inside PBC Boxing, unbeaten heavyweight contender Adam Kowancki will headline a PBC on FOX card from the Barclays Center on March 7. No opponent has been announced for Kownacki, coming off a unanimous decision win against former title challenger Chris Arreola this past August.
- According to boxen1.com, Vincent Feigenbutz will be trained by Eduard Mchel and Kosta Patoulidis as he prepares for an IBF super middleweight title bout against Caleb Plant on February 15.
- Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. and Jorge Arce will have an exhibition fight on February 28 in Tijuana, Mexico.
Tssssssssss— Emmanuel Gutiérrez (@gymbooroso) January 2, 2020
La pelea del año desde ya... --@Jcchavez115 vs. @TraviesoArce pic.twitter.com/xQbTK1FfrX
- Salita Promotions announced it has signed undefeated heavyweight Gunnar Kolbeinn Kristinsson to a promotional contract. Kristinsson will fight on the untelevised undercard of the January 17 ShoBox: The New Generation card from Sloan, Iowa.
- According to Julius Julianis, Pedro Taduran will defend his IBF minimumweight title against Daniel Valladares in Mexico on February 1.
- Japanese light flyweight champion Yuto Takahashi is going to defend his title against mandatory challenger Masamichi Yabuki.