Here's your fight-size boxing update for December 30, 2019:
- The purse bid for the IBF light heavyweight title fight between Artur Beterbiev, who also holds the WBC title, and mandatory challenger Meng Fanlong has a purse bid winner. Rejoy Group/Longjoy Group ended up winning the bid at $1.9 million, beating Top Rank's bid of $1.315 million. The fight must take place within 90 days from the day of the purse bid, which was December 30.
- Japan is having its tradition New Year's Eve boxing card at the Ota-City General Gymnasium with a world title tripleheader. Here are the official weigh-in results for those title fights.
WBO super flyweight title (115-pound limit):
- Kazuto Ioka: 114.8 lbs
- Jeyvier Cintron: 114.6 lbs
WBO flyweight title (112-pound limit):
- Kosei Tanaka: 112 lbs
- Wulan Tuolehazi: 112 lbs
WBO Female super flyweight title (115-pound limit):
- Miyo Yoshida: 115 lbs
- Li Ping Shi: 112.5 lbs
- Below are highlights of Top Rank's best fights of 2019:
- Kendo Castaneda will face Yomar Alamo on February 28 on a Boxeo Telemundo card from Kissimmee, Florida.
- Below are highlights of Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz 2 from PBC on FOX's official YouTube channel.
- Split-T Management announced the addition of manager Brian Cohen to the top company. Cohen, who manages current world champions Alicia Espinosa and Mary McGee, will bring his stable of fighters to Split-T Management and will work very closely with CEO Dave McWater in the management and development of approximately 14 fighters.
- The attendance figure that was announced for the Gervonta Davis vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa fight at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta was 14,129.