“Baby Slice” Angry With Bellator 162 Fight Cancelation

MMA

Kevin Ferguson Jr., the son of legendary MMA figure Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson, was set to make his professional MMA debut at Bellator 162 against Ray Bing, but Bing missed weight for the fight by 17 pounds, causing Bellator officials to cancel the fight.

Shortly after the fight cancelation was announced, Ferguson Jr. spoke with MMA Junkie about the lack of professionalism from his opponent.

UFC Austin Highlights: Josh Emmett Out Points Calvin Kattar Atop Record Setting Card

“It’s frustrating as all hell that my debut has been delayed again, man,” Ferguson Jr. said. “This dude coming in (17) pounds over is insanely unprofessional and all it means is that I’m going to take this anger out on whoever I get to ‘Slice’ up next. I’m not tripping – I came in on point, got paid and Bellator has a ton of shows before the end of the year, so I’m ready to go,” Ferguson Jr. said. “Hopefully I can get on one of them. Even if it’s Bellator 163 (on Nov. 4), I’m ready to go.”

Ferguson Jr. will be paid his show money by Bellator MMA officials because he still made weight for the now canceled fight. Bing will not be receiving any money for failing to make weight and his future with Bellator MMA is up in the air at this point in time.

Bing was set to make his professional MMA debut in this fight as well. Ferguson Jr. did compete once as an amateur, securing a first round knockout earlier this year.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web