Your Boxing Fight-size news update!
- A massive fight between British prospects Lawrence Okolie and Isaac Chamberlain has been confirmed. The fight will take place at the O2 Arena in London on February 3. Other fights confirmed for the February 2 card include Reece Belloti vs. Ben Jones for the Commonwealth (British Empire) featherweight title and Ted Cheeseman vs. Carson Jones. Light heavyweight prospect Joshua Buatsi is scheduled to fight on the undercard.
- After Vasyl Lomachenko defeated Guillermo Rigondeaux on December 9, many tabbed him as boxing's new pound-for-pound king. Floyd Mayweather doesn't think so, saying Terence Crawford is still the best pound-for-pound fighter. Lomachenko now has called out Mayweather on Twitter, issuing a challenge of sorts to Mayweather's protege, former world champion Gervonta Davis.
- David Lemieux's loss to Billy Joe Saunders had some people believing this was the end of the Canadian's run at 160 pounds. According to Camille Estephan, Lemieux will not leave the middleweight division, but plans to rehab his hurt left shoulder.
- To prepare for his upcoming HBO Superfly 2 fight against McWilliams Arroyo, Carlos Cuadras has enlisted the services of Gennady Golovkin's head trainer Abel Sanchez.
- Undefeated super lightweight prospect, Blair "The Flair" Cobbs has signed a promotional agreement with Golden Boy Promotions. Cobbs has won all eight of his pro fights, winning six of them via knockout.