Your boxing fight-size update!
- Showtime Sports released a video recapping its boxing broadcasts from the month of January 2018. Here are links to the recap articles of some the fights highlighted in the video including Claressa Shields' first world title defense and Errol Spence Jr.'s TKO win over Lamont Peterson.
- Juanma Lopez vs. Jayson Velez, originally scheduled for late last year in Puerto Rico but was postponed due to Hurricane Maria, has been rescheduled for March 3 and will take place in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
- Alexander Povetkin, the mandatory challenger to the WBA and WBO heavyweight titles, could be facing the winner of the Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight unification bout. Should Povetkin face Joshua for the titles, the IBF announced said that it would have no issue sanctioning a fight for the IBF title after serving a suspension for a failed drug tests.
- Below is the weigh-in video of the WBSS cruiserweight semifinal fight between IBF champion Murat Gassiev and WBA Yunier Dorticos.
- Undefeated British super middleweight Zach Parker will fight on the undercard of the George Groves vs. Chris Eubank Jr. WBSS semifinal fight as a reserve fighter in case the winner of Groves vs. Eubank Jr. will be unable to continue. Parker will face WBC Mediterranean super middleweight champion Adasat Rodriguez on that February 17 card.
- In Mexico, Issac Avelar captured the WBC FECOMBOX featherweight title with a 10th round TKO victory over Alejandro Frias.