Your boxing fight-size update!
- Yoshihiro Kamegai, who was scheduled to fight on the undercard of the Janaury 27 HBO boxing card, suffered a shoulder injury and will no longer fight on the undercard.
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko, who is the mandatory challenger to Gennady Golovkin's IBF middleweight title, was supposed to fight on the undercard of the January 20 Showtime boxing card from the Barclays Center. Derevyanchenko dropped off the card on after coming down with a fever and flu-like symptoms, according to manager Keith Connolly.
- A purse bid for the WBA "regular" heavyweight title fight between Manuel Charr and mandatory challenger Fres Oquendo was recently ordered by the WBA. If the sides don’t make a deal the purse bid will be held on February 9 in Colombia. There is no minimum bid and the winning offer will be split 50-50 between the fighters. Promoters wishing to bid must submit a non-refundable fee of $15,000 and the bout should take place within 90 days of the purse bid.
- According Carl Frampton, promoter Frank Warren is trying to make Frampton's upcoming fight against Nonito Donaire to be a title eliminator for the WBO featherweight title. Frampton vs. Donaire is set to take place on April 21.
- Thomas "Cornflake" LaManna will face Gabriel Bracero in a WBC Fecarbox welterweight title defense in Atlantic City on February 24.
- Josh Taylor will defend his WBC Silver super lightweight title against Humberto Soto on March 3 in Glasgow, Scotland. The fight will headline an eight-fight card taking place at the SSE Hydro.