Conor McGregor Turns Himself In To NYPD, Charges Pending


UFC Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor is in police custody, per a New York Police Department spokesman to, as first reported by NBC New York.

Charges are pending after McGregor turned himself in Thursday night when he was sought for questioning following an altercation at UFC 223 media day that left him fleeing from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and three fights for this Saturday's show canceled. He was arrested just before 10:30 PM EST.

Fightful MMA Weekly Rankings (10/13/21): Marina Rodriguez Enters Women’s Pound-For-Pound Ranks Following UFC Vegas 39

The NYPD told Fightful that the investigation is still ongoing. He can be seen in several video clips throwing items at a van transporting multiple UFC fighters. The incident occurred as McGregor was targeting Khabib Nurmagomedov, who had a verbal confrontation with McGregor's teammate Artem Lobov earlier this week.

McGregor will be stripped of his championship due to inactivity this Saturday at UFC 223 when UFC Featherweight Champion Max Holloway moves up in weight to fight the aforementioned Nurmagomedov for the title. 

In addition, McGregor has been banned from this weekend's UFC 223 card. The UFC issued a series of statements in regards to the incident at Barclays and multiple fights being canceled

“During today’s media event at Barclays Center to promote UFC 223: Khabib vs. Holloway, Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov entered the building accompanied by over a dozen individuals. 
The group, which included McGregor and Lobov, vandalized the vehicle that contained a number of athletes competing at the event taking place this weekend. NYPD was immediately alerted and is currently in the process of investigating the situation. UFC is working very closely with the New York Athletic Commission, Barclays Center security and law enforcement authorities. All parties are working together to ensure the highest standard of proper safety precautions are implemented to protect the fans and athletes. 
The organization deems today’s disruption completely unacceptable and is currently working on the consequences that will follow. Immediately, Lobov has been removed from this weekend’s card and individuals involved in the incident are not welcome at tomorrow’s ceremonial weigh-in or Saturday’s event at Barclays Center.”


Thursday afternoon, following the UFC 223 media day at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, an incident in the facility injured two athletes on Saturday's card, forcing them to be pulled from the event.

Lightweight Michael Chiesa, who received several facial cuts, was deemed unfit to fight by the New York State Athletic Commission and the UFC medical team, and he was removed from his bout against Anthony Pettis.

Flyweight Ray Borg, who was scheduled to face Brandon Moreno, was deemed unfit to fight as well due to multiple corneal abrasions.

Also removed from the card was the featherweight bout between Artem Lobov and Alex Caceres due to Lobov's involvement in the incident. 

UFC 223 will proceed as scheduled with 10 bouts.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web