Dana White Says Conor McGregor Not Getting Punishment From UFC Over Bus Attack

Former two division UFC champion Conor McGregor is back in action for the first time in almost two years, facing UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229.

The fighter had been dealing with the legal ramifications surrounding a bus attacks days before UFC 223, but has now those issues are behind the Irishman after he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct last month.

UFC President Dana White was recently asked if McGregor will face any form of punishment from the UFC for the bus attack, but none are coming for McGregor.

“Suspended? He hasn’t fought in 2 years. How much longer should we suspend him?” White said to TMZ Sports. “He’s obviously lost lots of money. Millions of dollars in what went down in New York. What more could we do to him? He went through the legal process and got what he got. That’s it!”

Two fighters suffered physical injuries as a result of McGregor’s actions, with those competitors being Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg, while UFC Women’s Strawweight Champion Rose Namajunas started seeing a therapist as a result of what McGregor did.

UFC 229 takes place on Saturday, October 6 from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada with Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor headlining. Fightful is providing live coverage of the event, with a post-show podcast to follow.

From The Web