Daniel Roman vs. Murodjon Akhmadaliev Purse Bid Set For July 2

The WBA is looking to get a fight deal between unified super bantamweight champion Daniel Roman and Murodjon Akhmadaliev done soon and even announced a purse bid set for the next couple of weeks.

The purse bid will take place on July 2 at the WBA offices in Panama City, Panama with the minimum bid being $120,000. As the champion, Roman is entitled to 75 percent of the winning bid while Akhmadaliev, the mandatory challenger to Roman's WBA "Super" title, gets the remaining 25 percent. Even though a purse bid has already been announced, both sides have until just before the bidding begins to negotiate a fight deal.

Francis Ngannou Complimentary Of Herb Dean's Stoppage At UFC 260

Roman unified the WBA and IBF titles against TJ Doheny on April 26 as part of the undercard for the Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs. Juan Francisco Estrada fight that was streamed on DAZN. The news of the WBA ordering Roman vs. Akhmadaliev is expected as the organization said before the fight that the Roman vs. Doheny winner will have to face Akhmadaliev next. 

Akhmadaliev has only fought six times as a pro but has already ascended to the top of the WBA rankings. The 24-year-old unbeaten fighter is the WBA Intercontinental titleholder and is coming off a third-round knockout win over Carlos Carlson back in April.

Right before Roman unified the WBA and IBF titles, the WBA created an interim title which was won by Brandon Figueroa with an eighth-round win against Yonfrez Parejo on April 20. Figueroa will defend the interim belt on August 24 on a PBC card to be televised on FS1.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web