Boxing fans in Canada will get a chance to watch the World Boxing Super Series for this upcoming season and beyond.
DAZN, the international sports streaming service, announced that it has agreed to a three-year deal to with the WBSS to stream tournaments for subscribers in Canada. This comes weeks after it was announced that DAZN will be the WBSS home in the United States.
The second season of the World Boxing Super Series will feature three tournaments, two of which already have their first round fights sets. The third tournament of the second season does not have a weight class yet, but promoter Kalle Sauerland wrote on social media that an announcement regarding the third weight class will be made next week.
Below are the first round matches for the super lightweight (junior welterweight) and bantamweight tournament, set to start later this year:
SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT (JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT):
- Regis Prograis (c) vs. Terry Flanagan: "Interim" WBC Championship
- Josh Taylor (c) vs. Ryan Martin: WBC Silver Championship
- Kiryl Relikh (c) vs. Eduard Troyanovsky: WBA Championship
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Anthony Yigit: Vacant IBF Championship
- Ryan Burnett (c) vs. Nonito Donaire: WBA "Super" Championship
- Zolani Tete (c) vs. Mikhail Aloyan: WBO Championship
- Naoya Inoue (c) vs. Juan Carlos Payano: WBA "Regular" Championship
- Emmanuel Rodriguez (c) vs. Jason Moloney: IBF Championship
The first season of the World Boxing Super Series is on its final stage, having concluded the cruiserweight tournament in July and crowning the first-ever undisputed cruiserweight champion to hold the WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF and Ring Magazine titles at the same time.
The first season's other tournament, one featuring the super middleweight division, will have its finals take place on September 28 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The super middleweight finals will pit WBA "super" champion George Groves against WBC Diamond titleholder Callum Smith.