The Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor world press tour has come to an end. Depending on who you ask, it was either a wild ride that has hit some really high points and secured itself more pay-per-view buys than before the tour started, or an unmitigated disaster with many calling some of the comments made by Mayweather and McGregor misogynistic, homophobic and racist.
I was credentialed for the Brooklyn press conference, where the madness truly began after two mostly positive press conferences in Los Angeles and Toronto. While covering the press conference as a member of the media for Fightful was a fascinating experience for myself, the actual press conference was met an incredible amount of issues, including both fighters being very late and the press conference being a waste for many of the people that attended.
Meanwhile, boxing had numerous world title fights take place this past weekend, including a PBC on Fox card that predictably did awful television numbers, even on a good night where it had no other major sporting events to compete against. As such, the Fightful boxing rankings underwent a few changes.
Fightful Boxing Newsletter (7/20) Table of Contents:
- Floyd Mayweather/Conor McGregor press tour: (Page 2)
- Paul Ferreri Death and Biography (Page 3)
- Weekend Boxing Recap (Page 4)
- Results from the world of boxing (Page 5)
- Fightful Boxing Rankings (Page 6-7)
- Robert Guerrero Retirement (Page 8)
- Other News In Boxing (Page 9)
- WBC Clean Boxing Mid-Year Report (Page 10)
- From The Web