In a banner year for boxing, it seems that the sport’s popularity has reached increasing levels of mainstream notoriety and a number of different factors do seem to start to confirm that statement. Keith Thurman vs. Danny Garcia’s fight on CBS back on March 4 peaked at just more than five million television viewers; Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko prompted the extremely rare circumstance where HBO and Showtime (the two most notable networks that regularly broadcast boxing) worked together to share broadcasting privileges and Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin are set to square off in the sport’s biggest fight since Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao.
Coupled that with the recent addition of the Fightful Boxing Podcast (which has earned some of the highest viewership numbers on the site in its infancy phase), this seems to be the perfect time for Fightful to introduce the Fightful Boxing Newsletter. The feature will provide analysis on some of the sport’s biggest news, results on cards that wouldn’t otherwise be on other articles here on Fightful and the Fightful boxing rankings, where the top 10 boxers of every division are going to be ranked and other segments to be included.
This newsletter serves as a longform way for both the hardcore boxing fans to further read up on the latest news in the sport and for casual fans that want to know more or want to get back into boxing.
Below is the table of contents for the inaugural edition and where to locate each piece of content:
- The Pacquiao-Horn fallout and what's next? (Page 2)
- World Boxing Super Series: What do we know (Page 3)
- Mikey Garcia vs. Adrien Broner undercard news (Page 4)
- What the PBC Long Island card could mean for boxing in New York? (Page 5)
- Other news in boxing (Page 5)
- Fightful Boxing Rankings (Page 6-7)
- Results from the world of boxing (Page 8)
- Fightful Boxing 2017 Mid-Year Awards (Page 9)
- From The Web