It's hard to escape the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor buildup, but this week has brought a somewhat unexpected piece of news coming out of McGregor's training camp.
Paulie Malignaggi left McGregor's camp last week after a photo circulated around social media that has Malignaggi on the canvas during a sparring session he and McGregor had. That photo made it seem like Malignaggi suffered a knockdown and angered Malignaggi. The former world champion has been very vocal on social media, imploring McGregor's camp and UFC to release the full footage of the sparring session, insisting that he had McGregor's number during the sparring sessions.
The boxing Hall of Fame retirement tour continues with Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley announce their retirements. The two boxers are probably best known for their rivalry against Manny Pacquiao, but for completely different reasons.
On this week's Fightful retrospective, we take a look at the exciting Marvin Hagler vs. Thomas Hearns battle from 1985 that many fans still remember fondly to this day, plus more is covered in this week's Fightful Boxing Newsletter.
Fightful Boxing Newsletter (8/10) Table of Contents:
- McGregor Malignaggi Drama (Page 2)
- Heavyweight Title Scene Mess (Page 3)
- Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley Retire (Page 4)
- Weekend recap (Page 5)
- Results from the world of boxing (Page 6)
- Official Fightful Rankings (Page 7-8)
- Other news in boxing (Page 9)
- Latest on AIBA (Page 10)
- Fightful Boxing Retrospective: Marvin Hagler vs. Thomas Hearns (Page 11)
- From The Web