Your fight-size boxing update:
- Unified heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr., who was present at the Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman fight in Las Vegas, posted a tweet about his appearance on the FOX pay-per-view broadcast alongside WBC champion Deontay Wilder. In response to another person on Twitter, Ruiz took a jab at Tyson Fury and his lineal heavyweight championship.
2 Champions holding all the belts in heavyweight boxing. -------- 2 Campeónes con todos los títulos. https://t.co/YHgmUa4DEq— AndyRuizjr (@Andy_destroyer1) July 21, 2019
I can’t forget his imaginary belt --— AndyRuizjr (@Andy_destroyer1) July 21, 2019
- Tureano Johnson defeated Jason Quigley to win the NABF middleweight title on a Golden Boy Promotions card from Indio, California. Below are the results of the top fights of that July 18 card:
- Tureano Johnson defeated Jason Quigley by KO, round 9, 3:00 to win the NABF middleweight title
- Leonardo Baez defeated Alberto Ezequiel Melian by unanimous decision (97-93, 97-93, 97-93) to win the NABA super bantamweight title
- Marlen Esparza defeated Sonia Osorio by unanimous decision (79-73, 79-73, 78-74) to retain the WBO NABO Female flyweight title
- Ricardo Rafael Sandoval defeated Marco Sustaita by KO, round 5, 1:16 to retain the WBC Youth Intercontinental flyweight title
- Charles Huerta defeated Recky Dulay by unanimous decision
- Anthony Reyes defeated Gilberto Duran by KO, round 1, 2:10
- Carlos Morales defeated Rosekie Cristobal by KO, round 2, 1:08
- Shortly after his loss to David Price on July 20, British heavyweight Dave Allen took to Twitter to discuss the loss and give props to Price on the win.
Dont want anyone to worry about me, just a hard man gone old and soft the last 18 months, very happy and proud of David price, I will be okay but the last 12 months or so my health has been deteriorating and I’m glad I hung on took the chance and made money and now probably done— Papi De La T-Rex Arms (@davidthewhiter1) July 20, 2019
David price was great last night, I don’t want to hear that I was bad he made me look bad and never gave me a look in, he hit me often and very very hard and losing to anyone hurts but the man that he is made defeat hurt less, a gentle giant who shown his class last night. ---- https://t.co/pgRzY3Mlvg— Papi De La T-Rex Arms (@davidthewhiter1) July 21, 2019
- Former WBO super featherweight champion Masayuki Ito will return to the ring on September 13 on a card in Japan that will also feature Reiya Abe vs. Ryo Sagawa for the Japanese featherweight title.
- Dennis McCann will compete on the undercard of the August 3 Top Rank card from Falls Park in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The card, which will be streamed on ESPN+ in the United States, will be headlined by Michael Conlan vs. Diego Alberto Ruiz.
- Jay-R Raquinel will defend his OPBF flyweight title against Takuya Kogawa on August 23 at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.