Here's your fight-size boxing update for September 6, 2019:
- Azat Hovhannisyan dominated Franklin Manzanilla in the main event of a Golden Boy Promotions card from The Belasco Theater in Los Angeles, stopping him at the end of the fourth round to win a WBA super bantamweight title eliminator.
- Joseph "JoJo" Diaz Jr. will face Jesus Cuadro for the WBA Gold super featherweight title in the main event of a Golden Boy Promotions card in Mexicali, Mexico on September 21. Leonardo Baez vs. Edison Perez is also scheduled on the card, which will be streamed on Facebook Watch.
- The WBO has scheduled purse bids for the following championship bouts on September 14:
- Shakur Stevenson vs. Joet Gonzalez: Vacant Featherweight world title. Minimum bid is $150,000
- Zolani Tete vs. John Riel Casimero: Bantamweight world title. Minimum bid is $100,000
- Commonwealth bantamweight champion Lee McGregor will take on British champion Kash Farooq in a title unification on an MTK Global show on November 16 at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow. The fight will be streamed on ESPN+ in the United States.
- According to a report from BBC, former world champions Carl Frampton and Isaac Dogboe could face each other on November 30.
- Top Rank has signed middleweight prospect Nikoloz Sekhniashvili to a promotional deal.
- Unbeaten rising heavyweight contender Jermaine Franklin will face Pavel Sour on the Showtime-televised card on October 5, headlined by Claressa Shields vs. Ivana Habazin for the WBO junior middleweight title. Ja'Rico O'Quinn vs. James Smith will be on the non-televised portion of the card.