Your fight-size boxing update:
- Unbeaten prospect Madiyar Ashkeyev had a very interesting altercation with a reporter on a television program called “Uakyt korsetedi” (“Time will tell”). The interviewer asked Ashkeyev about injuries in the sport of boxing and the case of Magomed Abdusalamov, who was injured back in November 2013 after being defeated by Mike Perez. The interviewer asked Ashkeyev if he was in Abdusalamov's place when it happened would his wife leave him, Ashkeyev responded by throwing water in the reporter's face. The bizarre altercation can be seen in the video at the top of the page around the 25-minute mark.
- FIGHTNIGHT LIVE and CES announced a broadcast partnership that will have a boxing card on June 29 be streamed on Facebook. The card, taking place at the Fox Theater in Connecticut, will feature former light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson in action against Quinton Rankin. This will be Dawson's first fight since a stoppage loss to Andrzej Fonfara back in March 2017.
- Responding to a joke from ESPN's Steve Kim about Artem Lobov's win over Paulie Malignaggi in a bare knuckle boxing fight and a potential fight between Sam Eggington, the man who retired Malignaggi in 2017, and Lobov, Eggington responded on Twitter. The full interaction can be seen below:
Only one way to find out.— Sam Eggington (@eggington_sam) June 25, 2019
- WBC Female Silver super bantamweight titleholder Tatyuana Zrazhevskaya has officially enrolled in the WBC Clean Boxing Program. The WBC recently announced that it will have a female version of the Clean Boxing Program, which serves as a way to combat PED use in boxing.
- According to a report from ESPN Deportes, WBC Female bantamweight champion Mariana Juarez has donated 13,500 Mexican pesos to Felipe Orucuta, who remains hospitalized due to a blood clot in his brain following a fight in early June in Mexico. The latest update had Orucuta still hospitalized and you can read at this link.