Your Fight-size boxing update for September 17:
- Canelo Alvarez and Liam Smith both made weight on September 16 for their light middleweight title fight later tonight on pay-per-view, weighing at the 154 pound light middleweight limit. Fightful will have complete live coverage of the entire pay-per-view.
- Speaking of the card, the co-main event features Willie Monroe Jr. taking on Gabriel Rosado for the WBO Inter-continental Middleweight title. Both fighters also made weight for the fight with Monroe Jr. weighing in at 158.75 pounds and Rosado weighing in at 159.25 pounds.
- WBC Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder took some time to give some words of encouragement to the Washington Redskins after their practice ended on September 16. Wilder's trainer is a fan of the team and Wilder adopted them as his favorite team as well.
- The September 10 fight between Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin and Kell Brook averaged 843,000 viewers for the live late afternoon HBO broadcast, according to Nielsen Media Research. The fight peaked at 907,000 viewers on that broadcast. The fight was aired again later that night and the replay averaged another 593,000 viewers for a total of 1.436 million.
- That late-night broadcast had a main event between Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez against Carlos Cuadras at The Forum in Inglewood, California. According to Nielsen, that fight averaged 833,000 viewers, peaking at 951,000.