Your fight-size boxing update:
- Chris Eubank Jr. has revealed in an interview with Fight Hype that he has signed a three fight deal with Al Haymon’s PBC. The first fight under the new deal will be the previously announced grudge match against James DeGale on February 23 at the O2 Arena in London.
- Former world champion Ricardo Mayorga will return to the ring on April 4 in Guatemala where he fights Lester Martinez, a fighter making his pro debut who was an amateur boxing star and won medals at the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games.
- Fightful was sent the following press release on Dragon Fire Boxing signing 8-1 prospect Jackson England:
Dragon Fire Boxing are delighted to announce the signing of 21 year old sensation Jackson England.
The Mandurah based Jackson will return to the ring on the Dragon Fire Boxing renowned
“Thunderdome” show in Perth on March 8, as he takes on 72 fight veteran Rivo Rengkung, who’s last
opponent was World title challenger Luke Jackson.
The current 21 year old ANBF Champion opened up about signing with Dragon Fire Boxing and his
‘Action Jackson’ said, “Signing with Dragon Fire Boxing is a dream come true. Tony Tolj and Dragon
Fire are the number one management and promotional team in Australia, and I believe this is the
team that will take me all the way to being World Champion.”
England continued, “I’ve got a good opponent on March 8 who has just boxed Luke Jackson who
recently challenged for the World title. I am out to show that I have all the tools to operate at the
highest of levels and I will show that on March 8”
England is based out of Perth’s heralded Onyx Fight Team camp. The two time amateur champion
described what effect the link up with the Onyx Team has had on his career. Stablemate “The
Timorese Terror” Steve Gago will be on the card also as a tune up to his IBF Silk Roads Tournament
Final at the IBF Convention in June in Macao.
England stated, “Training with the Onyx Fight Team with Jay Gray and the rest of the team is the best
training I’ve ever had and that will show on March 8 when I put on the best performance of my
“I believe the Onyx Fight Team is the strongest setup in Perth at the moment and along with my
manager Tony Tolj and Dragon Fire Boxing, I’m confident that my future will see me become World
Dragon Fire Boxing head Tony Tolj have his take on his latest acquisition.
Tolj said, “Jackson England really epitomises his nickname, ‘Action’. He’s an all action, entertaining
fighter that fight fans will really enjoy watching starting at Thunderdome 29 on March 8 in Perth
“We all believe at Dragon Fire Boxing he has the ability to go all the way to the top and we will give
him all the support and opportunities he needs to make him Champion of the World.”
- Below are highlights of the three fights that were televised on the February 9 Showtime Championship Boxing card from the Dignity Sports Health Park in Carson, California: Gervonta Davis vs. Hugo Ruiz for the WBA "Super" super featherweight title, Mario Barrios vs. Richard Zafora and Javier Fortuna vs. Sharif Bogere.
- Undefeated Kazakh welterweight prospect Daniyar Yeleussinov will have his sixth pro fight on the March 15 Matchroom Boxing USA show in Philadelphia. Yeleussinov, a two-time Olympic boxer and 2016 Olympic gold medalist, does not have an opponent announced yet. The card will be headlined by Tevin Farmer vs. Jono Carroll for the IBF super featherweight title.