Your fight-size boxing update:
- The opening bout of the June 29 Showtime Championship Boxing card from Houston saw Claudio Marrero defeat Eduardo Ramirez to win the WBA Gold featherweight title. Marrero won the bout, which also served as a title eliminator, with scores of 115-113, 116-112 and 118-110. The official scorecards can be in the tweet below.
Official scorecards for the WBA Gold title bout between Claudio Marrero and Eduardo Ramirez last night on Showtime. Marrero won by unanimous decision. pic.twitter.com/Zf1pqJ3ad1— Carlos Toro (@CarlosToro360) June 30, 2019
- Speaking of scorecards, below are the official scores for the WBA super flyweight title fight between Kal Yafai and Norbelto Jimenez. Yafai defeated Jimenez by unanimous decision to retain the title with the fight being streamed on DAZN.
Official scorecards for the WBA super flyweight title bout between Kal Yafai and Norbelto Jimenez last night on DAZN. Yafai dominated Jimenez to retain his belt by unanimous decision pic.twitter.com/Bp1hOLbnUZ— Carlos Toro (@CarlosToro360) June 30, 2019
- Tyson Fury had a speaking event in Dundee, Northern Ireland recently and in the day after, he decided to take a dip into the waters at City Quay, which can be seen below.
---- Here's Tyson Fury after losing a bet in training this morning, jumping into the water at City Quay, Dundee (he had a speaking event there last night).— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) June 29, 2019
[--️ Foxlake Dundee] #HeatwaveUK pic.twitter.com/A8HpmgsWYI
- Carl Frampton confirmed on Sunday Life Sport that he will be fighting in Philadelphia on August 10 with the hope that if he wins, a fight against WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez can be made for later in 2019.
- Eddie Hearn said in an interview with iFL TV that there will be a Matchroom Boxing USA card in Las Vegas in September that will feature Devin Haney facing Zaur Abdullaev in a WBC lightweight title eliminator.