Your fight-size boxing update:
- Two-time UFC champion Conor McGregor was in attendance for the October 20 Matchroom Boxing USA card in Boston. McGregor was present to support fellow Irish fighter Katie Taylor, who retained her unified WBA and IBF women’s lightweight titles with a big unanimous decision victory over Cindy Serrano. McGregor posted a series of photos on Instagram, which can be seen below.
- Tommy Fury, the 19-year-old brother of Tyson Fury, has signed with promoter Frank Warren. Tommy Fury is a light heavyweight fighter currently being trained by former world champion Ricky Hatton and will make his pro debut on December 22.
- Fresh off his WBO super featherweight title loss to Masayuki Ito back in July, Christopher Diaz will return to the ring on November 24 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Diaz will face off against David Berna in a 127-pound bout.
- Undefeated junior middleweight prospect Neeco Marias will face off against Jesus Soto Karass in the main event of the November 8 Golden Boy Boxing on ESPN card.
- MTK Global announced that former WBC Chairman of the Ratings Committee Bob Yalen will be the company’s new president.
- Jake Ball, who was supposed to fight Craig Richards on the October 27 Matchroom Boxing card from the Copper Box Arena in London, has pulled out of the fight due to an injury.