Your fight-size boxing update:
- Daniel Dubois will face Ebenezer Tettehn for the Commonwealth heavyweight title at a Frank Warren-promoted show on September 27 at Royal Albert Hall in London. Newly crowned WBO Female flyweight champion Nicola Adams will fight on that card.
- Ryan Garcia admitted on Twitter that he was actually supposed to fight Romero Duno in September, but refused to do so because he wanted the fight to headline a card in November instead of being the co-main event of the unannounced September show. In a follow-up tweet, Garcia expressed frustration at promoter Golden Boy Promotions.
To all my fans, yes i was supposed to fight Romero Duno in sept, i decided to not go with that bc i wanted to fight him as main event in November and not be some co main event on a card that will be driven by me, I also elected to fight the guy that gave duno problems for sept!— Ryan Garcia (@KingRyanG) August 4, 2019
The bottom line is, i deserve the right promotion for fights with the full time to promote and not be thrown into a fight and have my self do the whole promotion, knowing my fan base they will tune in no matter what but I deserve to have a full promotion fight with duno!— Ryan Garcia (@KingRyanG) August 4, 2019
- A fight between seven-division world champion Amanda Serrano and WBO featherweight titleholder Heather Hardy is currently in the works.
- Yokasta Valle defeated Joana Pastrana by 10-round decision to capture the IBF Female minimumweight title on August 4 in a boxing card in Marbella, Spain.
- Below is some footage of Alexander Povetkin preparing for his fight against Hughie Fury on August 31 in London.
Povetkin -- --Chekhov— World of Boxing Promotions (@worldofbox) August 5, 2019
----Alexander Povetkin (34-2, 24 KOs)
----Hughie Fury (23-2, 13 KOs)
on the card the #LomaCampbell card
-- Aug 31 -- @TheO2 -- London
#PovetkinFury 27 days to go pic.twitter.com/cyTnNxWDmu
- Former EBU middleweight champion and world title challenger Jean Claude Bouttier has passed away at the age of 74.
- Once-beaten super middleweight contender Robert Parzeczewski will face Patrick Mendy on October 4 in Czestochowa, Poland.