Here is your fight-size boxing update for September 6:
- David Lemieux will face Cristian Fabian Rios on October 22, at the Centre Bell in Montreal. He once held the IBF Middleweight title before losing it to Gennady Golovkin on October 2015.
- The fight between WBA Interim Heavyweight Titleholder Luis Ortiz and mandatory challenger Alexander Ustinov, which is due to take place in November, is going through some rough patches once again. Promoter Vlad Hrunov told ESPN that Ortiz did not meet a September 4 deadline to sign for the fight, which he was obligated to do as part of the rules for the recent purse bid Hrunov won on behalf of Russian promoter World of Boxing several weeks back.
- Krzysztof Glowacki will defend his WBO World Cruiserweight title against Oleksandr Usyk in Gdansk, Poland on September 17. Usyk will be Glowacki’s first mandatory defense since he beat Marco Huck last August with a knockout victory in the 11th round.
- Speaking of Huck, he will fight Ovill McKenzie for the IBO Cuiserweight World Title in Frankfurt, Germany on September 24. The fight will be broadcasted exclusively on BoxNation.
- Heavyweights Lucas Browne and Fres Oquendo are negotiating a fight for the WBA’s vacant “regular” belt, which was stripped from Ruslan Chagaev in July for his failure to pay sanctioning fees he owed to the organization from his decision win against Oquendo to claim the vacant belt in July 2014.