Here's your fight-size boxing update:
- DAZN has secured the U.S. broadcast rights to stream the rematch between Andy Ruiz Jr. and Anthony Joshua for the unified WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles taking place on December 7 in Saudi Arabia.
- The fight between Daniel Roman and Murodjon Akhmadaliev for the unified WBA and IBF super bantamweight title set for September 13 at Madison Square Garden has been called off. The reason for the fight being called off because Roman suffered an injury to his left shoulder. According to a report from Boxing Scene, Roman will be out of the ring for four to six weeks after it was revealed that he has tendinitis.
- The following fights have been announced for the upcoming Peltz Boxing 50th Anniversary show taking place at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia on October 4.
- Victor Padilla vs. Romain Tomas
- Gerardo Martinez vs. Osnel Charles
- Roque Zapata vs. Isaiah Wise
- Marcel Rivers vs. Jermaine Corley
- Vinnie Denierio vs. Seifullah Jihad Wise
- Christopher Burgos vs. Tyree Arnold
- Rakym Dyer vs. Shinard Bunch
- Shamar Fulton, Nafear Charles to face opponents yet to be announced.
"BLOOD, SWEAT & 50 YEARS” is brought to you by our strong partners, @RoccosCollision and @Cricketnation.— Raging Babe (@RagingBabe) September 4, 2019
Tickets can be purchased online at https://t.co/0LhultJEas or by calling 215-765-0922. #boxing #Peltz50 pic.twitter.com/NZmay6hM2Z
- One day after it has been revealed that he vacated his EBU European heavyweight title, Agit Kabayel has signed a promotional deal with Top Rank, who will co-promote his bouts along with SES Boxing. He will make his Top Rank debut on an ESPN platform in either late 2019 or early 2020.
- WBO President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel had some strong words for governing bodies giving away "palooka" belts in response to the WBC revealing it will hand special belts to the winners of the Tyson Fury vs. Otto Wallin and Jaime Munguia vs. Patrick Allotey fights taking place on September 14:
What the hell are these people from another sanctioning body doing handing out copper and silver Mayan pearl studded aluminum Aztec belts in bouts sponsored by other organizations, to contenders who don't really care about these palooka belts.This needs to stop, enough already.— Paco Valcárcel, Esq. (@PacoValcarcel) September 4, 2019
- The WBO has ordered bantamweight champion Zolani Tete and interim titleholder John Riel Casimero to fight each other.
- The WBA has ordered a purse bid for the minimumweight world title bout between champion Knockout CP Freshmart and mandatory challenger Jose Argumedo set for September 16. The minimum bid is $80,000 with Freshmart getting 75 percent of the winning bid and Argumedo getting the remaining 25 percent.