Your fight-size boxing update:
- Super middleweight Demond Nicholson will not fight on tonight's PBC card from Fairfax, Virginia after being taken to a hospital for weight-cut related issues. According to Dan Rafael of ESPN, Nicholson struggled badly to make the 168-pound limit for his fight against Ernest Amuzu and later suffered severe cramping. Nicholson was eventually taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital and given multiple IV bags.
- Rising featherweight contender Jordan Gill took to social media to talk about his upset loss at the hands of Enrique Tinoco on the May 10 Matchroom Boxing card that was streamed on DAZN in the United States. It was the first loss of Gill's professional career.
Very tough for me to take a loss at this level. If you know me, you know that wasn’t me in there last night. I struggled with illness all day, and was flat from the start. I had too much pride to withdraw so close before, and things went from bad to worse when I fractured my right hand early on. Credit to Tinoco who brought his best! We live by our decisions.. I’ll be back a better fighter like the champions before me that have taken losses. Thanks for the support and messages! I’ll be begging @eddiehearn for an immediate rematch when healed ----
- Super featherweight contender Mikaela Mayer announced on Twitter that her next fight will take place on June 15 in Las Vegas as part of the undercard of Tyson Fury's Top Rank debut against Tom Schwarz.
— Mikaela Mayer (@MikaelaMayer1) May 10, 2019
- OPBF bantamweight champion Keita Kurihara successfully retained his title against Warlito Parrenas with a 35-second knockout win on a boxing card at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on May 10.
- Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn announced that John Docherty will fight on the undercard of the May 18 World Boxing Super Series card taking place in Glasgow, Scotland.
- From The Web