Your fight-size boxing update:
- Diego De La Hoya, first cousin of Oscar De La Hoya, will be fighting on November 17 in Mexicali, Mexico against twice-beaten Edixon Perez. The fight will be televised on a beIN Sports Español card that is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Zanfer Promotions.
- According to an ESPN report, undefeated lightweight prospect Devin Haney is scheduled to have his first fight in 2019 on the January 19 ShoBox: The Next Generation card. An opponent or venue has yet to be decided.
- During the WBO Convention in Panama City, Panama, a four-fight boxing card, which included three WBO regional title bouts, was held. Below are the full results of the card:
- Jason Sanchez defeated Jean Carlos Rivera by unanimous decision (96-93, 97-92, 97-92) to win the vacant WBO Youth featherweight title
- Agustin Mauro Gauto defeated Jose Antonio Jimenez by TKO, round 1 (2:35) to win the vacant WBO Latino light flyweight title
- Yenifel Vicente defeated Victor Proa by TKO, round 1 (1:22) to win the WBO Latino super bantamweight title
- Eliecer Tenorio defeated Jose Beitia by unanimous decision (58-56, 59-57, 58-56)
- Banner Promotions has signed two-time Olympian and undefeated light heavyweight boxer Kennedy Katende to a promotional deal. Katende is currently 4-0 as a pro with on knockout victory.
- Top Rank has signed Italian heavyweight Guido Vianello, who competed in the 2016 Summer Olympics, and will make his pro debut on the December 8 Top Rank-promoted card from Madison Square Garden.