Your fight-size boxing update:
- Fresh off his loss to Teofimo Lopez back in April in New York, former European lightweight champion Edis Tatli will face Berman Sanchez in the main event bout of a card in Savonlinna, Finland.
- Juan Francisco Estrada's first WBC super flyweight title defense could likely be against Dewayne Beaumon in Sonora, Mexico on August 24, per the WBC. No official announcement has been named yet, but one is expected to be made in the coming days.
- According to an ESPN report, former world champion Jessie Magdaleno will face former title challenger Rafael Rivera in a featherweight bout as part of the undercard for Carl Frampton's fight against Emmanuel Rodriguez on August 10. The card will take place at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia and will be streamed on ESPN+.
- Below is training video of Anthony Joshua trying out some different methods in anticipation of his unified heavyweight title rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr. later this year.
-- Anthony Joshua utilising a few specific methods during training today as he prepares for the Andy Ruiz Jr rematch later this year. pic.twitter.com/bbvwPgEXfc— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) July 4, 2019
- WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman tweeted out thoughts and prayers to the family of legendary Mexican wrestler Perro Aguayo, who passed away on July 3.
El Consejo Mundial de Boxeo envían a los familiares y amigos del “Perro” Aguayo, sus más sentidas condolencias, deseando pronta resignación a tan profunda pena.— Mauricio Sulaiman (@wbcmoro) July 4, 2019
¡Que en paz descanse el gran "Perro" Agüayo!#WBC #Family pic.twitter.com/AG1v4y8505
- Both Mark Vicelles and Jese Espinas made weight for their WBA Asia South light flyweight title fight in Cebu, Philippines on July 6. Vicelles came in at 107.7 pounds while Espinas came in at 105.8 lbs.
- Jose Luis Rodriguez Guerrero won a 10-round unanimous decision (95-94, 95-94, 95-94) against Mikkel Nielsen to win the GBU Intercontinental welterweight title in Denmark on July 4.