Your fight-size boxing update:
- A fight between Jeyvier Cintron and Koki Eto on the undercard for the May 25 Top Rank on ESPN card had a bit of controversy that initially resulted in Eto winning the fight by knockout. After it was believed that Eto knocked Cintron out with a right hand in the first round, replays showed that Eto actually knocked his opponent out with his head. As a result, the fight, for the WBO International super flyweight title, has been changed to a no contest instead of a win over Eto.
- After defeating Masayuki Ito in the main event of the May 25 Top Rank on ESPN card to win the WBO super featherweight title, Jamel Herring shared a moment outside the ring where Herring gave Ito his world title back. Video of the moment can be seen in the tweet below.
Boxing can be a brutal sport but in the end it’s a sport. Thank you @masayukiito0630 for the opportunity, you’re a good champion, but better person and you will be a world champion again!#SemperFi #TheJudge pic.twitter.com/XDecmqYXzV— Jamel Herring (@JamelHerring) May 26, 2019
- Robbie Davies Jr. will defend his EBU European junior welterweight title against Sandor Martin on a boxing card in Barcelona, Spain on July 27. This will be Davies' first European title defense since beating Joe Hughes in Liverpool back on March 30.
- Souleymane Cissokho has officially signed a management deal with Anthony Joshua's company and his first fight under the new deal will be on June 1 against an opponent to be named later. The fight will be on the undercard of Joshua's unified heavyweight title defense against Andy Ruiz Jr. at Madison Square Garden.
- Former European heavyweight titleholder Robert Helenius will fight next either in the late summer or early in the United States, according to manager Markus Sundman.