Here's your fight-size boxing update for September 13, 2019:
- In the video at the top of the page is episode three of "Inside Fight Week," looking at the Tyson Fury vs. Otto Wallin fight on September 14.
- At Tokyo's Korakuen Hall, a pair of notable fights took place on September 13:
- Ryo Sagawa defeated Reiya Abe by unanimous decision (96-95, 96-94, 96-94) to win the Japanese national featherweight title
- Masayuki Ito defeated Ruben Manakane by TKO, round 6
- British heavyweight Dave Allen announced on social media that he will not be fighting on the October 19 Matchroom Boxing card in Newcastle.
Hi everyone, I will not be fighting October 19th, my frame of mind is not one I believe I can put together any kind of training camp for this fight and ultimately physically I am not feeling ready to compete October 19th and at the moment even beyond that but I will cross that bridge when it comes to it, I made and make comments all the time that people will questionand furthermore blow up to create headlines or drama but for me there just how I feel and the norm, I will be taking some time off social media and spending time back in the real world as I feel this is something I have needed to do for a long time, I don’t have the want or the need for anyone’s sympathy hatred or anything in between, I will be back I always am but I’m going to be David for a while the white rhino is tired x
- Sky Sports announced that it will air the IBF/WBC welterweight title unification between Errol Spence Jr. and Shawn Porter taking place on September 28 in Los Angeles. Fightful will have live coverage of the card.
- Walter Kautondokwa will take on Kanat Islam for the WBO International middleweight title on October 26 in Kastana, Kazakhstan.
- Former world champion Mickey Bey has signed a promotional deal with Greg Cohen Promotions.
- Unbeaten prospect John Docherty will fight on the aforementioned October 19 card in Newcastle.