Your fight-size boxing update:
- If you're hoping to get an announcement regarding the date and location of the World Boxing Super Series super middleweight finals anytime soon, WBA champion and WBSS finalist George Groves has some news for you as even he doesn't know. Groves posted the following tweet voicing his displeasure at the lack of news regarding his upcoming finals matchup against Callum Smith.
- At the DAZN/Matchroom Boxing press conference in New York on July 17, Jarrell Miller, who arrived late to the press conference, attempted to call out unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua to fight and got into a verbal altercation with Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn. The confrontation can be seen and heard on the video below, posted by Global Boxing TV.
- Also on that press conference, it was announced that legendary boxing announcer Michael Buffer will be the ring announcer for DAZN boxing events, signing a multi-year deal.
- The World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight finals, which will crown the winner of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Murat Gassiev as the new undisputed cruiserweight champion, will be shown on KlowdTV in the United States on July 21.
- The IBF has ordered a purse bid between Kid Galahas and Toka Kahn for July 31. The two have been ordered to fight in a title eliminator to determine featherweight champion Josh Warrington's next mandatory challenger.
- EBU super featherweight champion James Tennyson will defend his title against Samir Ziani sometime in late September, most likely either on September 21 in Belfast, Northern Ireland or September 22 in London.