Your fight-size boxing update:
- WBA "Super" featherweight champion Gervonta Davis recently appeared on "Inside PBC Boxing" and tested his power on a punching machine. Davis ended up with a higher score than WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, who had his turn with the machine some time ago. The video can be seen at the top of the page.
- The March 16 Fox pay-per-view card headlined by Errol Spence Jr. vs. Mikey Garcia for the IBF welterweight title will be shown in movie theaters across the United States. You can find out which theaters are going to be showing the card at this link.
- Emmanuel Tagoe defeated Vyacheslav Gusev on February 23 to win the WBO Global and IBF International lightweight titles in Ghana. Tagoe won the fight by unanimous decision (120-107, 118-109, 119-109).
- In other WBO title news, Freddy Kiwitt defeated Paddy Gallagher by majority decision (95-93, 95-95, 95-94) at York Hall Bethnal Green in London over the weekend to become the new WBO European welterweight champion.
- Boxnation TV announced that it will air the WBC light heavyweight title bout between Oleksandr Gvozdyk and Doudou Ngumbu in the UK, taking place on March 30.
NEW FIGHT: Lineal Light-Heavyweight king Oleksandr Gvozdyk defends his WBC World Title against Doudou Ngumbu on March 30th, live on BoxNation -- pic.twitter.com/EHUDyUIeGj— BoxNation (@boxnationtv) February 22, 2019
- Two WBO regional title bouts have been announced for March 8 in Puerto Rico: Jean Carlos Torres vs. Juan Manuel Witt for the WBO Latino junior welterweight title and Wilfredo Mendez vs. Robert Paradero for the WBO Intercontinental minimumweight title.