Here's your fight-size boxing update for October 17, 2019:
- Georges St-Pierre discussed his friendship with IBF light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev in the video at the top of the page.
- According to Mike Coppinger, Gervonta Davis vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa could take place in December with the vacant WBA "Regular" lightweight title on the line. Another fight that could be on the card, which has no set location, is Jean Pascal vs. Badou Jack for Pascal's secondary WBA light heavyweight title.
- WBC light flyweight champion Yesenia Gomez will defend her title against Deborah Rengifo on October 26 in Cancun, Mexico during the WBC Convention.
- RJJ Boxing will have a UFC Fight Pass card from Tucson, Arizona on November 7 and will be headlined by Alexander Flores vs. Mario Heredia. Flores' two pro losses have been against former titleholders Charles Martin in 2014 and Joseph Parker in 2018.
- David Avanesyan vs. Josh Kelly for the EBU European welterweight title will be promoted by Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing though no specific date or venue has been officially announced.
- King's Promotions announced that it has signed undefeated Puerto Rican featherweight Carlos Vidal to a promotional contract.
- Marco Huck's team won a purse bid to promote a fight between Huck and Joe Joyce for the vacant EBU European heavyweight title. No date or venue for the fight is set.
- An interesting fight will take place on October 26 in Lancashire, United Kingdom where Jamie Quinn and Qasim Hussain will have their 100th and 101st, respectively.